Family Members & Green Card Holders Can Now Return to China!

Spouses & Family Can Return!

Several Chinese Embassies/Consulates in foreign countries have sent notices about visas for foreigners. According to the new policy, foreign nationals who are family members (spouse, parents, spouse’s parents, children, spouses of children, siblings, grandparents and grandchildren) may return.

Foreign nationals who are coming for business reopening can also apply to return. However, visas for tourism and private purposes remain suspended.

This is in addition to the previous news that foreigners applying for a work visa abroad can return without a PU letter.

More Students Allowed to Return

China hosted over 30,000 Thai students before the pandemic – many taking medical and science courses – but most were sent back to study online in Thailand in 2020.

Their permission to return was secured by Thai Foreign Ministry cooperation with Chinese agencies, deputy government spokeswoman Rachada Dhnadirek said on Friday.

She added that Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha had also expressed concern about this issue.

“Thanks to Foreign Ministry cooperation, China has allowed Thai students to enter the country based on necessity and students’ readiness,” she said.

Rachada said Chinese authorities were permitting the students to return as they are confident in Thailand’s Covid-19 management, especially its vaccination programme. Thailand recorded fewer than 3,000 cases on Friday as it moves towards declaring Covid endemic.

Foreigners in China Can Travel to Macau!

Macau’s Novel Coronavirus Response and Coordination Centre has announced another minor easing of the SAR’s border policy with some foreigners who need to regularly commute between Macau and the rest of China to be allowed in without prior authorization from health authorities.

The government said this week that the new measures take into account the actual needs of local residents while assessing the epidemic risks and changes in relevant countries. Those expected to benefit are “principally foreign students and other persons with foreign nationalities who need to commute frequently to and from the rest of China and Macau.”

To enter Macau without prior authorization, individuals will need to comply with other entry requirements – such as not having visited another country or region outside China for 14 days prior – and hold documentary proof issued by the Public Security Police Force that they have been granted valid “Residence Authorization” or “Special Authorization to Stay”.

Owner Admin

Popular Comment
Photo review in progress...
Edited answer: My answer: Upload up to one picture and one file
Message Message