1. Chinese mainland reports 75 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases
BEIJING, July 16 (Xinhua) — The Chinese mainland Friday reported 75 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 31 in Gansu, 16 in Anhui and 15 in Guangdong, the National Health Commission said Saturday.
2. China’s retail sales continue to see upward trend after gaining 3.1% in June
China’s retail sales witnessed positive growth after a consecutive two-month decline, and officials forecast that it will maintain an upward trend in the second half of this year, reflecting China’s consumption power shrugging off the impact of epidemic.
3. China: Heat wave to linger for next several weeks
The deadly scorching heat wave that has lasted for more than 30 days and affected over 900 million people is forecast to linger for the next few weeks.
4. Chinese NEV brand gaining foothold in Europe
China’s production and sales of NEVs have topped global rankings for seven consecutive years since 2015. The country’s accumulated sales of NEVs amounted to 11.08 million units by the end of May, compared to 20,000 at the end of 2012.
5. G20 finance leaders seek consensus to overcome global economic threats
The third G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (FMCBG) Meeting kicked off Friday in Indonesia’s Bali resort island, with the finance leaders seeking ways to tackle global economic threats impacted by the ongoing Russia-Ukraine conflict.
6. Guide: How to Get a Work Permit in China?
In China, more and more people are learning foreign languages. In the past, foreign language learning was mostly dominated by English, but with the reform of the college entrance examination, some languages such as Japanese and Russian have become increasingly popular.