1. Chinese mainland reports 69 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases
The Chinese mainland Monday reported 69 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases. A total of 266 local asymptomatic carriers were newly identified on Monday in eight provincial-level regions, including 179 in Anhui and 66 in Jiangsu.
2. China: Technology improving agriculture
With new technologies such as artificial intelligence and big data, smart agriculture is expected to bring about essential changes to traditional agriculture in China, an expert said.
3. China proposes 6 programs with Lancang-Mekong countries despite ‘customary’ Western provocation of ties
China on Monday proposed six programs which will benefit the Lancang-Mekong countries aside from China, namely Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam, including cooperation plans in agriculture, water resources, digital economy, aerospace, education, and public health, as Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi chaired the Lancang-Mekong Cooperation Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (LMC) in Bagan, Myanmar.
4. Chinese, US senior officials hold video talks over economic issues
Chinese Vice Premier Liu He, a member of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China Central Committee and chief of the Chinese side of the China-U.S. comprehensive economic dialogue, held a video conversation with U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen at the latter’s request on Tuesday morning.
5. Chinese off-road cars debut in Saudi Arabia
Two off-roaders from China’s Great Wall Motor Company have made their overseas debut in Saudi Arabia’s capital Riyadh.
6. China-backed light rail on track in Egypt
CAIRO－Egypt’s first electrical light rail transit, or LRT, system jointly built by Chinese and Egyptian companies started its trial run on Sunday.