1. Chongqing, Chengdu record 20,000 China-Europe freight train trips
China-Europe freight trains handled by the two cities has topped 20,000 since Chongqing and Chengdu launched the service in March 2011 and April 2013, respectively, according to local authorities.
2. Graduate founds pen brand in SW China’s Guizhou
Yuan Jian sorts out finished pens at his studio in Guiyang, capital of southwest China’s Guizhou Province, July 1, 2022. The 27-year-old Yuan Jian is this year’s graduate of the Key Laboratory of Advanced Manufacturing Technology of the Ministry of Education at Guizhou University. Yuan founded his own pen brand in 2020. After years of development, the team of Yuan has developed over 20 types of pens. Yuan hopes that he and his team would build an international pen brand in the future. (Xinhua/Ou Dongqu)
3. Summer travel rush kicks off across China
China is expected to see 520 million railway trips during the upcoming summer travel rush kicking off on Friday, according to the country’s railway operator.
4. Infographic: 10 years of industrial and IT development in China
5. WeChat Bans Accounts for Trading NFTs and Digital Currencies
WeChat has included digital assets and virtual currencies to its updated platform code of conducts, explicitly declaring trading of such products on its platform illegal. With such adjustment, accounts that are involved with transactions of NFTs and virtual (decentralized digital) currencies will be banned.
6. 240 billion! The largest order in the history of the Big-3 airlines, purchasing 292 Airbus aircraft
On the evening of July 1, China Southern Airlines (600029.sh), Air China (601111.sh) and China Eastern Airlines (600115.sh) successively announced orders for Airbus A320neo aircraft.