1. Lavender planting promotes local tourism in Sigong Village, Xinjiang
Sigong Village has planted 12,000 mu (about 800 hectares) of lavender. The lavender planting bases here have promoted local tourism and lavendar processing industry.
2. Xi hosts 14th BRICS Summit, stresses importance of fostering high-quality partnership
Chinese President Xi Jinping chaired the 14th BRICS Summit on Thursday evening in Beijing via video link. South African President Cyril Ramaphosa, Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro, Russian President Vladimir Putin and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi attended the Summit.
3. U.S. Supreme Court ruling overturns landmark decision on abortion rights
The U.S. Supreme Court on Friday overturned Roe v. Wade, a landmark decision that established a constitutional right to abortion in the nation nearly 50 years ago.
4. TV drama puts spotlight on ancient tea art
A Dream of Splendor, a 40-episode TV drama streaming on Tencent Video platform, has become a smash hit recently. It narrates a story about a woman running a teahouse with her two friends who were rescued from family tortures in the Song Dynasty (960-1279).
5. Chinese people are in no hurry to tie the knot
The average age of first marriage of Chinese people stood at 28.67 in 2020 after continuously rising since 2010, China News Service reported on Friday, citing the statistical yearbook released by the National Bureau of Statistics recently.
6. India, China discuss return of Indian students studying in Chinese varsities stuck in India due to Bejing’s visa ban
India and China have discussed the return of thousands of Indian students stranded at home for two years due to Beijing’s COVID-19 bans and resumption of direct flights disrupted by the Coronavirus pandemic, the Indian embassy in Beijing said on Thursday, June 23.